Scope: This policy applies to users of Company’s services in the Territory of its apps, websites, features or other services.
Summary: This policy describes the collection process and use/s of your personal information by Company to provide our services. This policy applies to all users of our apps, websites, features or other services. This policy specifically applies to:
- Riders: users who request or receive transportation services
- Drivers: users who provide transportation services
- Users: persons who provide information to us in connection with an application to use our services, or whose information we otherwise receive relating to our services (this includes Riders and Drivers).
- Territory: Barbados
- App/s: the provision of the mobile applications, websites, content, product and related services (each, an “App” or “Apps” as the context applies), that facilitate users to arrange and schedule transportation, delivery and logistics services (“Transport Services”) including purchase of services from third party providers under agreement with Company (“Third Party Providers“).
2. Data Controller
For Users in the Territory, Pick Up Taxi is the data controller. Questions, comments and complaints about Company’s data practices can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. We process personal information inside and outside of the Territory, in accordance with applicable laws.
3. What type of Information is collected? The following information is collected by or on behalf of Company:
- Information you provide: This may include:
- User Account: Account information when you create or update your account – e.g. your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), government identification numbers, birth date, photo and signature. This may also include vehicle related or insurance information of drivers. This may also include the preferences and settings that you enable for your account.
- Background check information: Background check information if you sign up to use our services e.g. as a Driver. This may include information such as your drivers’ license or license to operate as a taxi. This information may be collected by a third party on our behalf.
- Demographic data: demographic information through user surveys and other means.
- User Data: Information that you submit when you contact our customer support, provide ratings or feedback for other users, or otherwise contact us.
- Calendar: If you allow our App to access the calendar on your device, we collect calendar information such as event title and description, your response (Yes, No, Maybe), date and time, location, and number of attendees.
- Information Related to use of our services: This may include:
- Location: Based on the services that you use and your App settings or device permissions, we may collect as accurate a location information as possible via data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi. As a driver we collect date when the App is running in the foreground (App open and on-screen) or background (App open but not on screen) of your device. If you are a rider, we may collect location information when the App is running in the foreground. Riders and delivery recipients may use the App without enabling Company to collect their location information. However, this may affect the functionality available on your App. For example, if you do not enable Company to collect your location information, you will have to manually enter your pickup address. In addition, location information will be collected from the driver during your trip, even if you have not enabled Company to collect your location information.
- Transaction Information: Transaction details related to your use of our services, e.g. order details, delivery information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and payment method. Use of your promotion code by a third party may be associated with you.
- Usage information: Access dates and times, App features or pages viewed, App crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or service you were using before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this information through cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers.
- Device Information: device related information e.g. the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information from the device you use to access our services.
- Communications data: Where we enable users to communicate with each other and with us via the Apps, websites, and other services, we receive some information regarding calls or texts, including the date and time of the call/text, and the content of the communications. This information may be used for customer support services (including dispute resolution), for safety & security purposes, to analyse and improve our APP and Services.
- Information from other sources: These may include:
- User Ratings and feedback
- Users providing your information in connection with referrals or Promos
- Users requesting services for or on your behalf.
- Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
- Business partners through which you create or access your account, e.g. payment providers, social media services, etc.).
- Insurance providers for drivers
- Financial services providers for drivers
- Partner transportation companies for drivers who use our services through an account associated with such a company).
- Sources in public domain
- Marketing service providers.
4. How We Use Your Information
We may compile the information collected from these sources with other information in our custody. We do not sell disclose or share your personal information to third parties for third party direct marketing purposes. We collect information for the following purposes:
- Providing services and feature: To customize, maintain and improve our products and services as it relates to your Account creation and updating, identity verification, enabling transport services, automated processing for calculating Charges, processing or enabling payment, tracking your ride, enabling feedback information to other users, troubleshooting software bugs, and analyzing trends;
- Safety and security: To maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services and users;
- Customer support: To investigate and resolve complaints and disputes and improve customer support responses;
- Research and development: To test research, analyse and drive product development (e.g. better payment platforms, improved and user friendly Account and APP features);
- User to User Communications: To allow a rider and driver to communicate;
- Company to User Communications: To provide information and updates on services, promos, events etc.;
- Legal/Litigation: To investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of Services or give data as required by law.
5. Cookies and Third Party Technologies
6. Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may share information with other users as required by the APP to provide services, or at your request or for legal purposes, as follows:
- With other users: e.g. rider’s name to driver, driver’s image, name and contact data to rider, driver rating or rider rating
- At your request: e.g. your ETA and location with a friend of a rider, at rider’s request;
- Public Domain: e.g. on our Website, blogs or social media where a user gives feedback through these channels;
- With service providers and business partners: e.g. payment processors and facilitators, background checks, cloud storage providers, data analytics, legal, marketing & accounting service providers, insurers, etc.;
- For legal/litigation reasons. Where it is required to be shared by law or necessary for Company in any litigation matter to resolve a dispute or a claim;
- With your consent: We may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to sharing the information.
7. Data Retention
User Account and other data is retained for the duration of your active account. Some information is retained for statutory periods for tax purposes and may thereafter be archived in cloud data or deleted. If you terminate consent to the collection or use of personal information for optional features e.g. calendar or address book, we delete such personal information. Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time. Upon such a request we delete any non-essential information and maintain only that which is required by law or absolutely necessary (e.g. for litigation purposes). If an outstanding dispute or claim exists relating to your Account e.g. unpaid claim, the information will not be deleted until the dispute/claim is resolved.
8. Choice and Transparency
The App provides features that allow you to see and control information that is collected through in-app privacy settings, device permissions, in-app ratings pages, marketing opt-outs. You can also request the correction of your data from us.
8.1 Device Permissions:
Most mobile platforms have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the App wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the App seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the App constitutes your consent.
After every trip, drivers are able to rate riders, and give feedback on the trip experience to ensure rider accountability.
You may request to receive a copy of the information that Company has compiled about you or the reason for collection of a piece of information or to correct any inaccuracies (upon presentation of proof of correct data) that Company has stored. You can edit your Account profile. Request to correct data can be made to email@example.com
8.4 Marketing Opt Outs. You may opt out of receiving promotional email at firstname.lastname@example.org and from receiving emails and other messages by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as receipts for your rides or information about your account.
9. Contact Information.